Tom Weiskopf Scholarship Proposal Criteria and Framework
Tom Weiskopf Scholarships are to be awarded to individuals (Age 18+) who work in Big Sky and who are looking to improve their lives through continuing their education through degrees or certifications. Proposals will be accepted year-round.
The goal is to support individuals who work in Big Sky with scholarships to do the following:
- Build and develop a skill set
- Start a business in Big Sky
- Increase professional opportunities
- Improve the quality of one’s life
Successful proposals will include: (2 page maximum)
- Name of the employer and the applicant’s contact information.
- An employer with endorsement from employee or employee with endorsement from the employer
- A detailed plan of how this educational opportunity will allow him or her to advance professionally in Big Sky
- Why is this educational opportunity important to you – how did you get here and where would you like to go?
- Length of the program, total cost, requested amount
- An expectation is that the program is completed
Scholarship Application Criteria:
To be considered, proposals must include the following attachments:
- Minimum 2 recommendation letters (professional and personal)
- Written Endorsement from employer (this can be the same as a professional recommendation)
- Documentation showing acceptance into the educational program
Proposals will be emailed as PDF attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org