The Tom Weiskopf Scholarship Fund
(Other methods for providing your donation are available at the bottom of this page.)
Tom Weiskopf is a legend. Over the past 20 years, Tom and Laurie have become family and valued friends to so many in Big Sky. Tom has made such a positive impact on the game of golf and the entire Spanish Peaks Community.
SPCF is honored to announce the Tom Weiskopf Scholarship Fund in his name.
This scholarship, announced shortly before his death, will support local causes that were especially important to Tom.
Tom Weiskopf Scholarship Recipients
- Jules Soderberg, a Spanish Peaks Mountain Club employee, received $2600 towards a Turf Management Certification Course at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst.
- Erica Biggert, an Ophir Elementary School teacher, received $2500 towards a Masters in Education from Western Governors University.
- Jeremy Harder, a Lone Peak High School teacher, received $2500 towards a Masters in Licensed Addictions Counseling from Montana State University.
- Susan Darden, the Fitness Manager at the Yellowstone Club, received $2500 towards a Master Instructor of Infant Safety Resources (ISR) Certification.
- Allie Campbell, the Big Sky Program Manager at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Big Sky Country, received $2500 towards a Masters in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey.
- Talon Mehta, a Staff Accountant for the Spanish Peaks Mountain Club, received $2500 towards a Data Analytics Certificate from the University of Denver.
- Kate Riley, 6th-12th Grade Art Teacher at Lone Peak High School, received $2500 towards a Masters in Art Education from Florida State University.
Donate by Mail
Please mail completed donor forms and checks to:
Spanish Peaks Community Foundation
PO Box 161303
Big Sky, MT 59716
Write Tom Weiskopf in the memo line of check.
The Spanish Peaks Community Foundation is also happy to work with your Family Foundation or your Donor Advised Fund. To facilitate this, please contact Hannah Richardson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Donate in Person
Please leave a donation at the Spanish Peaks Mountain Club front desk or you can donate via the SPMC App.
The Spanish Peaks Community Foundation strategically directs the generous contributions of our members to meet the needs and support the quality of life of those living and working in the Big Sky community.
April 1st deadline for May grant consideration. October 1st deadline for November grant consideration. Evaluations for previously awarded grants must be received before new grant proposals will be considered.